Páginas

lunes, 26 de noviembre de 2012

The longest journey

The last 72 hours have been one of the longest and most full-filled weekends I have had ever.

First of all, the friday I did my first wide-spread demo and presentation of ShareIt! (if we don't take in account the little one that I did some weeks ago for the Python Madrid guys) at the RealTimeWeb conference here at Madrid in front of 75 persons (the biggest public I have had in a presentation). In short: an awesome success :-D It was just a little and fast presentation because the organization run out of time and also I needed to go the the 3 Day Startup later, but the fact is that in less of 3 minutes I did the presentation, showed a demo, and the public exploded in ovations :-D (the fact that being the (almost?) only one in all the world working in some really awesome high-edge technology just because it's not ready yet would be the cause... :-P) Also, the fact that I got some propositions from the UPM teachers to work on their investigation projects related with WebRTC and they also gave me some good ideas to solve the signaling problem are some really great news too, by the way... :-P Keep listening... ;-)

But if this was not enough, as I have just say I needed to go the the 3DS so didn't be able to participate on the hackathon of the afternoon (with some iPad-mini as prices, just some kind of deviavious temptation after my Galaxy Tab I won on the CUSL two years ago with PirannaFS was stolen the last week... ¬¬). What to say about the 3DS? Crazy, period. It was about just like a small-sized CampusParty but without my sleep sack under the table. Some of the projects were really interesting and in fact I needed to flip a coin in the last moment just to select between two of them about were to work (maybe with some telekinetics since It was complementary to my Priorities project... :-P), and the fact is that in the last three days I have work more hours than in a normal job week and spend more energies than in a month :-P Add to this the fact about going to bed not before of 4 o'clock and waking-up at 8:00 to be early in the morning on the event (I didn't want to do it, by finally they convinced me to take some beers all the nights... :-P) and now you would understand why this morning I seems a brain-less zombie :-P The bad news is that it was a one-shoot, so I will not be able to use the experience and propose the next year a better project (I was thinking about a "producer for genious" company to take out all the burocrazy and mind-disturbing things and let "genious" to concentrate on their work in a similar way movies producers take in account all the boring details and let the movies directors to do the magic) so maybe this is something I would change about it... :-( In any case, if I can, I'll repeat the experience :-D

But on the personal area the best news would be that after four years working on the private sector and forced to "back to the basis" (no job, no money and just have part-time university classes and being full-time freaking with my geek personal projects :-P) I'm remembering why I wanted to work on computers programming and how I spected my live would be, and yes, THIS is what I wanted (or at least is on the good way :-D). Maybe add some romantics and action-packet and this is the kind of blockbuster I would like to live ;-)

So in few words... in the last four days I would have sleep about no more than 16 or 20 hours :-P

2 comentarios: